Operational Excellence ManagerApply Now
Title: Operational Excellence Manager
Job ID: TM218135326
Our client is looking for a Operational Excellence Analyst to be responsible for developing and implementing the corporate operational excellence strategy deployed unit with a focus on employee engagement, LEAN manufacturing, and cultural transformation. This role will have direct leadership over the program office at a deployed unit consisting of change agents and change leads.
- Direct management of program office change agents and leads.
- Liaison between Senior Leadership at deployed unit and Senior Director of Operational Excellence.
- Coordinate with units to develop and implement meaningful KPI’s.
- Identify, develop change agents and leads while establishing strong communication and engagement across unit.
- Identify, quantify and execute on activities across unit.
- Lead training, coaching and mentoring of across unit.
- Own all activities (preparation phase, active phase and support phase)
- Establish employee engagement metric and collaborate with EBS deployed units to improve performance.
- Ensure operations move to a problem solving and daily execution of the culture.
- Working with site administrative support functions such Human Resources, Finance and Accounting, IT, to create a collaborative approach to success.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment in an engineering, lean manufacturing, or strategic operational role.
- Experience in the steel industry, preferred.
- Experience in direct management of operations (union experience preferred) along with management of technical personnel.
- Strong, successful experience in leading lean manufacturing projects.
- Engineering, manufacturing or process background or experiences – ability to understand work flow/through-put through a facility.
- Experience with change management in a manufacturing or related industry.
- Strong collaborator and ability to influence at all levels of the operational unit.
- Training and/or Certification with Six Sigma, SPC, 5-S, TMC, Project Management Facilitation or other quality/process improvement processes, a plus.
- Experience and expertise in Value Stream Mapping with the ability to lead the process.
- Experience and expertise in leading A3 processes; knowledge or formats and procedures.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications and Lean Manufacturing Software.
- Willing and able to travel 20% between Canada and the US
For more information about TEEMA and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com
By applying to TEEMA on any job portal implies you are entering into a business relationship with us and therefore grants TEEMA consent to send you further job updates or industry and company related information.