Site Reliability Engineer | TRR3801Apply Now
Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Job ID: SP4960644622
The Site Reliability Engineer II (SRE) is responsible for deploying, updating and supporting, monitoring and optimizing highly scalable, fault-tolerant cloud and hybrid systems. The SRE II will maintain competency and collaborate with other members in multiple functional areas, including working knowledge of software development, debugging and troubleshooting code, DevOps practices, networking, and security, as well as an understanding of business processes. The SRE II will also use their knowledge of software development, systems engineering, and operational best practices to promote the vision and execution path for building non-functional requirements into product deliverables.
This role will work closely with DevOps teams and business and technology stakeholders to deliver services quickly and effectively to end users. The candidate must be able to write code in languages and frameworks like C#, .Net, analyze SQL queries, write scripts in PowerShell, as well as have ability to setup and configure monitoring tools like Azure AppInsights.
Specific Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Ensures the reliability and sustainability of business applications by optimizing, monitoring, and automating deployment, support, and sustainment activities.
- Provides oversight and guidance on application sustainability and maintainability to software development teams from planning through implementation and operations.
- Promotes best practices for supporting applications, and develops and maintains runbooks for assigned systems.
- Assists with the development and implementation of operational checklists, including systems handover criteria, and performs systems reviews with DevOps teams.
- Develops and monitors Service Level Indicators, Service Level Objectives, and Service Level Agreements to ensure the sustainability of business applications.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) and 3-6 years of equivalent work experience in IT
- A minimum of 2 years’ of relevant IT work experience with agile methodologies, Cloud and DevOps environments, continuous IT process improvement, production support and problem resolution, analysis, and/or technical proficiency, networking, and knowledge of a breadth of tools and approaches to solve broad spectrum of problems
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Must reside in BC during the contract period even when working remotely and be ready to report to the office when needed.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) training and certification like SAFe Practitioner, or willingness to take the course and obtain certification within 2 months from commencement of work
For more information about TEEMA and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com
By applying to TEEMA on any job portal implies you are entering into a business relationship with us and therefore grants TEEMA consent to send you further job updates or industry and company related information.