ED RN | Night ShiftApply Now
Job Title: ED RN | Emergency Department | Night Shift
Job ID: KR2963868719
Works under the general supervision of the Charge Nurse or Team Leader or Nurse Manager. May have supervisory or lead responsibilities over paraprofessionals and other non-nursing staff as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently implements the nursing process with patients/clients including carrying out physicians orders regarding diet, medication and treatment, performs assessments, changes dressings;
- Monitors and ensures quality care through observation and evaluation, reports on physiological and mental health status of patients/client, documents nursing interventions on medical records, distributes and maintains records of controlled drugs and insures their security;
- Maintains records and makes reports, makes decisions in routine cases, instructs patients/clients, staff, and family members regarding treatments, nursing plans and related patient care/client care issues directed towards an awareness and understanding of health/mental health issues;
- Responds to emergencies, maintains availability of medications and supplies, ensures cleanliness of equipment and environment.
- May participate as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team in the assessment, development, implementation, and evaluation of patients/client treatment or health/mental health care plans.
- May formulate and implement nursing care plans. May participate in outpatient clinics and assist in physical examinations.
- May administer routine tests, conduct training, delegate nursing tasks consistent with established protocols, participate in psychotherapeutic and rehabilitation interventions, physically restrain patients/clients, and performs related duties as required.
Minimum Qualification Required – Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional nursing theory, practice, and ethics,
- Knowledge of current medications, their actions, interactions, uses and side effects;
- Knowledge of nursing interventions and methods;
- Knowledge of an ability to apply quantity standards, procedures and protocols;
- Knowledge of and ability to apply clinical therapeutic models of client/patient care;
- Interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to act as a role model to health care staff by demonstrating and teaching professional behaviors.
- Ability to learn specialized patient/client care applicable to work assignment;
- Ability to listen and provide empathetic assistance to patients/client and families in meeting their needs and carrying out prescribed treatments;
- Ability to develop therapeutic relationships with patients/client and their caregivers;
- Ability to respond to emergencies, ability to respond to and seek supervision, ability to encourage and facilitate co-operation, ability to analyze and evaluate proper care and treatment.
Training and Education: Graduation from an accredited nursing program.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work, heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job. Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
Work Schedule: Night Shift, 7pm-7am
For more information about TEEMA and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com
By applying to TEEMA on any job portal implies you are entering into a business relationship with us and therefore grants TEEMA consent to send you further job updates or industry and company related information.