Senior Project Manager - ILE OracleApply Now
Job Title: Senior Project Manager - Oracle
Job ID: MK502216915
Our Alberta based Client is seeking an experienced Senior Oracle Project Manager for the Integrated Learning Environment (ILE) Program who will be responsible for the successful delivery and completion of a large post-secondary transformation program that re-imagines the organizations learner experience.
The program includes full redesign and implementation of processes across the learner experience, underpinned by a new technology platform. Based on D2L and Ellucian products, the Integrated Learning Environment platform is centralized around the replacement of the existing Student Information System (SIS) and Learning Management System (LMS, and introduction of a single comprehensive Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution. As part of this program, one of the critical projects will be to upgrade the underlying Oracle databases and applicable operating systems to the newest versions in order to support the new platform.
The Senior Oracle Project Manager will assist the ILE Program in conducting the planning, coordination, and implementation of the Oracle Upgrade project within the ILE Program portfolio as part of an administrative and project management team. This role reports to the ILE Program Manager and the Manager of Digital Strategy Architecture & Governance.
The ideal candidate is a reliable self-starter with experience managing complex Oracle upgrades, can multitask, and is versatile and forward-thinking.
Things you need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Equivalent years of practical experience is essential
- Strong practical experience of project/program management with a track record of success, and previous experience managing large and complex projects.
- Strong experience in upgrading complex Oracle environments
- In depth knowledge of industry best practice project and program management methodologies and techniques with the practical ability to use them to consistently deliver effective solutions including advanced knowledge of resource allocation procedures
- Experience or understanding of a technology mediated education environment would be advantageous.
- Ability to apply creative thinking to identifying and resolving complex problems which may have technical, business, and cultural dimensions.
- Flexible and diplomatic with proven negotiating and stakeholder management skills.
- Team player with proven ability to build effective relationships and establish trust with colleagues at all levels across the organization.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills with clear ability to influence, guide and challenge.
- High level of digital literacy, including competency with Office365, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams.
- Positive can-do attitude with the proven ability to lead change and deliver business benefits through use of technology and process improvement.
What you will be doing:
- Plan, support, and manage the Oracle Upgrade project across the full lifecycle of activities (project initiation, planning, execution, transition into operation), ensuring that deliverables are in alignment with business goals and objectives, meet quality standards, and that benefits will be realized.
- Work with senior stakeholders and external partners to define and execute program governance controls.
- Develop and manage the project plans including identification of the critical path, key milestones, and phases.
- Coordinate projects and their interdependencies ensuring optimum resource utilization across the various projects.
- Manage and maintain a risk register for the project. Identify, analyze, and monitor risks, developing and implementing risk mitigation strategies and corrective actions.
- Develop and maintain project records to enable effective and informed decision making. Ensure all project-related documents and assets are complete, kept up to date, securely stored, and are readily accessible to those with appropriate access requirements.
- Report on progress of the project, producing weekly activity reports on achievement towards milestones, and formal reporting to governance groups.
- Assist in the creation of agendas, and timely delivery of information for any project meetings.
- Attend weekly project reporting meetings and provide formal reports to senior stakeholders on progress, budgets, and risks. Ensure that business priorities, milestones, risks, targets, and constraints are reviewed, agreed, and managed.
- Chair project team and working groups as required.
- Participate and ensure effective communication to the program and the organization (e.g., within project teams, between different project teams, with end-users, with sponsors and key stakeholders).
- Ensure that the project is run in accordance with established Digital Governance Framework, follow project methodology best practices and comply with Digital Security standards. Exemplify best practice in project activities in particular project planning, stakeholder communications, risk, priority setting and execution within agreed budgets, to agreed standards and to agreed milestones.
- Work in conjunction with vendors, contractors, or external resources or services as required, and ensures internal resources, systems, or services are ready to leverage these services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by ILE Program Manager or the Manager of Digital Strategy Architecture & Governance.
For more information about TEEMA and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com
By applying to TEEMA on any job portal implies you are entering into a business relationship with us and therefore grants TEEMA consent to send you further job updates or industry and company related information.