Site Reliability Engineer - AzureApply Now
Title: Site Reliability Engineer - Azure
Job ID: KB174618916
Join an innovative enterprise team that is accelerating public cloud adoption! Our client is looking for passionate and creative Site Reliability Engineers who are excited about problem-solving and working with the latest technologies.
As an SRE, you will utilize your software engineering, and operations background to build and run large-scale, fault-tolerant systems. Your role is to ensure the reliability, scalability and maximum uptime of the Cloud Platform. You’ll be joining a team that is passionate about what we’re doing.
This role requires practical knowledge of software engineering, automation, operations and security concepts. Your main focus will be managing and extending the Kubernetes platform running on the Public Cloud.
Responsibilities - what will you be doing:
- Build a scalable platform using best practices around automation, pushing changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Work with the team to implement secure, highly available and scalable architectures for the platform
- Design and build highly scalable, secure, and highly available architectures within an Agile development team. Develop tooling that will accelerate operations and productivity of teams across the organization
- Provide mentorship and training to other team members on technologies and processes; drive education and knowledge transfer of design patterns, technical practices, and relevant technologies and tools
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, planning, and reviews
- Create educational material such as cloud-native sample apps and starter code, as well as contribute to holding cloud-native educational events like hackathons and live coding sessions. Create educational documentation on how-to’s and best practices, and blog about use-cases and architectures that relate to cloud platforms
- Liaise with the team managing our public cloud environments, including setup, management, and troubleshooting
- Work flexible hours when necessary and be part of a 24/7 on-call rotation
- A relevant degree or certificate in Computer Science or a comparable field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of experience working with (one or more of Python, Golang, Ruby) and have experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communications skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- 3+ years of exp
- Experience building systems and/or platforms on Azure using ARM or Terraform
- Proven experience in managing and leading major incidents until resolution.
- Have a passion for automating operational tasks at scale
- A strong system management background in PaaS/SaaS environment practices, including maintaining SLAs, load-balancing, high availability, operating system patching, networking, and security management/patching
- Experience with the operational aspects of software systems such as monitoring, centralized logging, and alerting with relevant tools (Ex. Datadog, Splunk, New Relic, ELK, Sumo Logic)
Nice to Have:
- Creativity, energy, and passion for leveraging technology to transform our industry; the belief that automation is the only way and the ability to talk for hours as to why
- A good understanding of modern, cloud-centric architectures and DevOps principles
- Production experience with Managed/Self-Managed Kubernetes Clusters
- Above-average performance. You are competitive and passionate. You thrive on challenges and have a proven ability to set ambitious but achievable goals and surpass them
Location: Downtown Toronto (remote currently due to Covid-19)
Salary/compensation: up to 120K plus bonus
Perks & benefits: Excellent
For more information about TEEMA and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com
By applying to TEEMA on any job portal implies you are entering into a business relationship with us and therefore grants TEEMA consent to send you further job updates or industry and company related information.