Mobile DeveloperApply Now
Job Title: Mobile Developer
Job ID: MK640453222
Our client is seeking someone with experience in native Android or iOS development, as well as server-side Java development, to join the development team accountable for our workflow solution product. The incumbent will work with a small cross-functional team to design and develop responsive user-intuitive applications and contribute to the evolution of the architecture.
This role demands design and development expertise, imagination, and everyday collaboration. If you are creative, flexible and have passion for how technology can be used to provide value to businesses, this could be a great role for you.
Our ideal candidate is a:
- Solutions finder who thrives on building long-term client relationships and developing solutions to their challenges.
- Fast learner who is passionate to learn about our industry, products, and data models; someone who seeks out learning and isn’t shy about diving into unfamiliar and complex territory
- Self-starter who focuses efforts on business value, aligns with leadership on direction and priorities, proposes and drives improvements, works well in a fast-paced environment and takes ownership in their area of expertise. Our super stars are not afraid to ask questions and take initiative; they don’t wait for others to drive their work
- Collaborator who can work closely with others to understand problems at hand and deliver results; someone who loves to work in parallel with others, helping and learning from one another
- Mentor who shares their knowledge, documents best practices, creates training materials and trains others on relevant tools, processes and best practices
Who are we?
We provide our customers with a complete solution that reduces costs, and delivers efficiencies in our customers’ operations, giving them a strategic advantage. Our strong teamwork, expert consultation, technical expertise and hard work allow us to enjoy enduring relationships with many customers.
We are passionate, creative, efficient, humble and collaborative professionals. Our thriving company has been a local success story for 30 years. We are head quartered in Calgary with distributed teams across Canada and the US, and have customers in North America, Australia, and Europe.
There are so many great things about our client;
- Stability of an established, successful company – we celebrated our 30th year in business in 2020 – combined with a small company culture of innovation, collaboration and friendliness
- Visibility and access to senior leadership
- Opportunity to work on a variety of projects and systems
- Latitude to search for and implement improvements and innovations
- Work with a team of brilliant experts who love to help each other
- Both in-office and work-from-home options exist currently
What will you do?
- Contribute to design discussions, execute POCs to research and evaluate solution options, develop solutions and deliver results
- Provide efficient support and troubleshoot problems, both internally and externally
- Develop clean, high-quality code and become an expert on various platform components
- Work collaboratively to perform code and design reviews intended to improve solutions
- Manage submissions to the App Store and GooglePlay Store
- Opportunity exists to build expertise in all of the applications in our product technology stack:
- Mobile apps developed natively in Swift and Java for iOS and Android
- Various server-side components developed in Java
Essential skills, qualifications, and experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in native mobile application development - Android (Java) and/or iOS (Swift)
- Server-side Java experience with desire to become a full-stack software engineer
- Development experience with database design & technologies, such as DB2, SQL Server, and MySQL
- Development experience with operating systems Linux or Unix
- Strong application of software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, testing, and debugging
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and apply to work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive and cooperative attitude
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
Nice to have skills and experience:
- Java and related technologies: Spring, JMX, JNDI, JDBC
- Development experience with persistence frameworks, such as Hibernate and MyBatis
- Consuming, producing, and designing RESTful web services
- Build & release management using technologies, such as Hudson and Jenkins
- Solutions utilizing microservices architecture (container and orchestration technology), event streams (message bus, queues), API gateway and scalable databases (such as Kubernetes, Docker, ESB, JMS, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, No SQL databases, Azure API Management)
- Source code management using GIT
- Development experience with IBM i
- Profiling applications to troubleshoot issues, monitoring system performance (CPU, memory, processes, threads, network)
- Testing automation platforms, such as Selenium and JUnit
- Development with web application containers, such as Tomcat, WebSphere, and Jetty
- Development with an OSGi framework, such as Equinox
- Business processes modeling notation and execution, such as BPMN and BPEL
- Experience in any of the following domains: transportation, truck lease rental, fleet management, shop management, material accounting, financial accounting, ERP (e.g. SAP, JD Edwards)
For more information about TEEMA and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com