Licensed Vocational NurseApply Now
San Rafael, CA
Title: Licensed Vocational Nurse
Job ID: JS7697152430
Location: San Rafael, CA
Our client is looking for a Licensed Vocational Nurse to provide services as permitted within the scope of practice for Licensed Vocational Nurse services in accordance with Institution/Facility policies and procedures. This role shall conduct basic hygiene and nursing care, including administration of prescribed medications and the therapeutic effects, treatments, and disease prevention, as ordered by the physician.
- Organize, provide, and maintain necessary healthcare services consistent with CCHCS policies and procedures;
- Collect information regarding patient status and report the results to the Primary Care Provider (PCP) or RN in a timely manner;
- Provide patient/youth education and accurately document care in the approved format, noting and carrying out physician's orders;
- Administer/assist with therapeutic measures and treatments;
- Clean and maintain equipment;
- Obtain specimens for diagnostic testing as ordered;
- Assist the RN and PCP with clinic appointments; e.g., physical exams, minor surgeries, casting, identifying minor illnesses;
- Assist mental health professionals by contributing to the treatment planning process and the formal evaluation of patient/youth progress by monitoring and recording observed patient behavior;
- Participate in the training of patient/youth in activities of daily living and assist in routine treatments;
- Document in the patient/youth health record the nursing care and treatment provided and the patient/youth response to facilitate the continuity of care and communicate to other healthcare providers.
- Twelve (12) continuous months of experience within the last three (3) years rendering direct patient care in public or private institution. Clinical competencies must be current.
- Possess a current and valid license issued by the California State Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners.
- Possess current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from an American Heart Association Provider or American Red Cross (with AED);
- All Temporary/Relief LVNs and CNAs must have documentation of completion of a competency validation process meeting the requirements of Title 22, Section 70016 or Section 70016.1 prior to performing the duties required.
- Each Temporary/Relief Temporary/Relief LVN shall be in compliance with 8 CCR 5199 standards for both current N95 and Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) medical clearance and annual general respiratory protection training.
- Temporary/Relief Temporary/Relief LVNs providing services to the CDCR must be proficient in the English language and be able to communicate effectively with the CDCR/CCHCS. All Temporary/Relief LVNs must be able to speak, understand oral and written communication and write effectively in the English language.
For more information about TEEMA and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com.