Business AnalystApply Now
North Vancouver, BC
Job Title: Business Analyst
Job ID: MK331487397
The Business Analyst supports the company PLM and Data Analytics team in enterprise data management and analysis capabilities. This role is responsible for advising, developing and supporting projects and activities aimed at improving enterprise data management, analysis, and utilization across all functional groups. This role works closely with the Data Analytics and Business Technology Solutions (IT) teams to uncover areas for improvement and innovate in company development, use and re-use of the extensive datasets supporting the National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) projects.
- Works with decision makers, system owners and end users to identify and define business operations requirements and systems goals, in particular with a view to drive towards an integrated cross-lifecycle flow of key product data.
- Coordinates closely with the Data Analytics team as well as owners and consumers of data to ensure system developments effectively support reporting and analysis requirements.
- Conducts gap analysis between “as is” processes and “future state” processes and produces the corresponding documentation for future state.
- Evaluates and recommends business solutions based on user needs, product research and business financial analyses (cost/benefit analysis, return on investment analysis, etc.), allowing management to make informed decisions.
- Participates in the planning, design, development, deployment and enhancement of existing and new applications.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or completion of a Post-secondary Diploma in Computer Science.
- 2 - 5 years of experience in the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products, conducting research for systems issues and products ( multi-stakeholder environment with different business units preferred).
- Experience in the analysis of software applications, including Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP), Business Intelligence (BI).
- Experience in the development of business requirements, functional requirements, technical requirements, process flows, gap analyses and use cases. Formal methodology training in these areas is an asset.
- Previous working experience with engineering intensive capitalprojects such as Architecture Engineering and Construction or Aerospace/Defence is an asset.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Project, Visio and SharePoint), as well as Microsoft Cloud Solutions (focusing on Power Platform – Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate).
- Knowledge of project management methodology and best practices.
- An understanding of Enterprise IT and cloud service infrastructure is advantageous.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI or SAP BI is beneficial.
- Experience leveraging emerging data analysis and data science tools such as DataBricks or Anaconda/Jupyter is an asset.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws and IT security standards.
- Analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Self-motivated with ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters, exemplifying a high level of ethics and integrity.
- Commitment to ongoing learning and staying abreast of technologies.
For more information about TEEMA and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com
By applying to TEEMA on any job portal implies you are entering into a business relationship with us and therefore grants TEEMA consent to send you further job updates or industry and company related information.