Licensed Vocational Nurse- CrisisApply Now
Crescent City, CA
Title: Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - Crisis
Job ID: TC8140181112
Under the direction of the Institution's CEO/CNE or designee, LVN shall provide services as permitted within the scope of practice for Licensed Vocational Nurse services in accordance with Institution/Facility policies and procedures.
Duties/Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Organize, provide, and maintain necessary healthcare services consistent with CCHCS policies and procedures.
- Conduct basic hygiene and nursing care, including administration of prescribed medications and the therapeutic effects, treatments, and disease prevention, as ordered by the physician.
- Collect information regarding patient status and report the results to the Primary Care Provider (PCP) or RN in a timely manner.
- Provide patient/youth education and accurately document care in the approved format, noting and carrying out physician's orders.
- Administer/assist with therapeutic measures and treatments
- Clean and maintain equipment.
- Obtain specimens for diagnostic testing as ordered;
All Temporary/Relief Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) assigned to CDCR must have the minimum experience outlined below:
- Twelve (12) continuous months of experience within the last three (3) years rendering direct patient care in public or private institution. Clinical competencies must be current.
- Current and valid license issued by the California State Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from an American Heart Association Provider or American Red Cross (with AED).
- Must have documentation of completion of a competency validation process meeting the requirements of Title 22, Section 70016 or Section 70016.1
- Be in compliance with 8 CCR 5199 standards for both current N95 and Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) medical clearance and annual general respiratory protection training which is to include a request to repeat PLHCP clearance if they develop 1) marked immunocomprompromise or pregnancy which might require great respiratory protection than N95s provide or 2) a health condition which might limit N95 or PAPR use and completion of the annual 8 CCR 5199 Appendix G questionnaire.
- Must be proficient in the English language and be able to communicate effectively with the CDCR/CCHCS. Must be able to speak, understand oral and written communication and write effectively in the English language. Any Temporary/Relief LVN who fails to meet the minimum qualifications shall not be permitted to perform services.
For more information about TEEMA and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com