California City, CA
Job Title: Nursing – Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Job ID: TC890787721
Under the direction of the Institution's CEO/CNE or designee, Temporary/Relief CNA shall provide services as permitted within the scope of practice for Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Services in accordance with Institution/Facility policies and procedures.
Duties/Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Assist patient/youth with activities of daily living and provide nursing care under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Perform and document rounds of patient/youth receiving medical and/or psychiatric care and report changes in patient/youth condition to the RN.
- Obtain specimens for diagnostic testing.
- Assist other non-custody staff to provide patient/youth care.
- Prepare documentation for patient/youth transfers to other Institutions/Facilities or trips to specialty appointments.
- Complete all required documentation of patient/youth care, provide written or oral reports, and record entries in logbooks.
- Clean, maintain, and check equipment.
- Check inventory, order and check supplies.
All Temporary/Relief Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) assigned to CDCR must have the minimum experience outlined below:
- Twelve (12) continuous months of experience within the last three (3) years rendering direct patient care in public or private institution. Clinical competencies must be current.
- Possess and maintain while performing services for the CDCR a current Nursing Assistant Certificate issued by the State of California in order to perform services in the State of California.
- Possess a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from an American Heart Association Provider or American Red Cross (with AED).
- All Temporary/Relief CNAs must have documentation of completion of a competency validation process meeting the requirements of Title 22, Section 70016 or Section 70016.1 prior to performing the duties required by this Agreement.
- Each Temporary/Relief CNA shall be in compliance with 8 CCR 5199 standards for both current N95 and Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) medical clearance and annual general respiratory protection training which is to include a request to repeat PLHCP clearance if they develop 1) marked immunocomprompromise or pregnancy which might require great respiratory protection than N95s provide or 2) a health condition which might limit N95 or PAPR use and completion of the annual 8 CCR 5199 Appendix G questionnaire.
- Temporary/Relief CNAs providing services to the CDCR must be proficient in the English language and be able to communicate effectively with the CDCR/CCHCS. All Temporary/Relief CNAs must be able to speak, understand oral and written communication and write effectively in the English language. Any Temporary/Relief CNAs who fails to meet the minimum qualifications shall not be permitted to perform services.
For more information about TEEMA and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com