RN Manager of Medical SurgicalApply Now
Job Title: RN Manager of Medical Surgical
Job ID: CM86812197
One of TEEMA’s clients is a leader in Dallas/Fort worth healthcare with hundreds of highly skills physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. They consist of thousands full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel. Together they form a team that focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
The Manager is responsible for the supervision, coordination and evaluation of nursing care provided on the assigned unit(s). The Manager also coordinates and supervises the activities for the unit, which supports the safe and efficient delivery of care. The Unit Manager assists the Department Director in the implementation of Performance Improvement activities, hospital policies/procedures and in the financial management of the Unit.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Interviewing and hiring nursing staff.
- Scheduling nursing staff.
- Clinical resource for the Nursing Unit.
- Serves as an advocate for nursing staff.
- Evaluating staff performance.
- Discipline, counseling and staff development.
- Participates in financial management of the assigned unit.
- Participates in financial planning/budgeting for the assigned unit.
- Plans and conducts staff meetings.
- Plans and coordinates unit related in-services
- Manages clinical activities on assigned unit, assuring age specific standards are maintained by staff as well as manager.
- Maintains 24-hour accountability for the direction, supervision, coordination and evaluation of activities and services of the assigned unit.
- Seeks opportunities to improve department or interdepartmental processes.
- Current Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association required
- BSN REQUIRED
- MSN - Preferred
- 3-5 years experience as a staff nurse in the clinical area -REQUIRED
- 2-3 years Management Experience in Med Surg - PREFERRED
- Will consider charge nurse experience if candidate has 5+ years MS experience and good tenure with employment
For more information about TEEMA and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com
By applying to TEEMA on any job portal implies you are entering into a business relationship with us and therefore grants TEEMA consent to send you further job updates or industry and company related information.