Seattle - Remote, CA
Job Title: Accountant
Job ID: JC63134299
We are a team of skilled accounting professionals and fun people within the Controller organization who enjoy working within an innovative, fast-paced tech and media company. We work in a highly collaborative environment and work directly with teams throughout the Finance organization (including Financial Reporting, Tax, Technical Accounting, Revenue, and FP&A), as well as Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Corporate Applications teams across various product lines. Specifically, our team is responsible for:
- Completing month-end close responsibilities including preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations.
- Prepare flux analysis for certain expenses/balance sheet accounts.
- Cultivate cross-team relationships among Finance and business stakeholders.
About the role:
Position will be within Corporate Accounting Team, reporting directly to the Accounting Manager. This position requires knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, an interest in corporate accounting, and motivation to contribute to a constantly evolving business. The ideal candidate for this position is dynamic, motivated, diligent, capable, and can:
- Pivot, roll with change, and balance competing deadlines.
- Work well within a team.
- Think independently and raise questions and concerns.
- Strong Excel skills with an interest and aptitude for working with large amounts of data
- BA/BS with a concentration in Finance or Accounting
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- 2+ years’ experience in public accounting, mid-to-large-sized tech or high-growth company
- Audit or Internal Audit experience, desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Workday or other ERP experience preferred
- Experience with people costs and capitalization of wages preferred
- Experience with a month-end close process preferred
- CPA, with a working knowledge of GAAP preferred
For more information about TEEMA and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com
By applying to TEEMA on any job portal implies you are entering into a business relationship with us and therefore grants TEEMA consent to send you further job updates or industry and company related information.