Senior Project ManagerApply Now
Title: Senior Project Manager
Job ID: MK695896111
Our client is seeking a Project Manager at Experience Level 1 for a 2 month contract (may be extend). This role functions as project lead and is expected to operate at a senior level and have a solid understanding of the challenges and complexity in managing a project team in a complex public sector environment.
As Senior Project Manager you are expected to have:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience within the last ten (10) years as a Senior Project Manager in one or more of the following areas: Project Integration Management, Project Scope Management, Project Time Management, Project Cost Management, Project Quality Management, Project Human Resource Management, Project Communications Management, Project Risk Management, Project Procurement Management
- Undergraduate degree in business administration or related field; and have business-related project experience.
- Preferably a post graduate degree (i.e. masters or doctoral degree in a discipline related to the applicable Category). Will consider certification as a CA, CMC, CMA, CGA or CFA as an alternative to a conventional post graduate degree;
- Preferably a PMI – Program Management Professional (PgMPSM) or Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation
- Have the ability to make effective use of technology (e.g. special product knowledge such as Microsoft Project)
- Experience on at least three (3) projects of twelve (12) months or longer duration.
- 5+ years’ experience in managing multidisciplinary teams and developing esprit de corps within the project team (e.g. core business staff, professional employees, middle managers and other private sector contractors)
- Experience in portfolio management (e.g. strategic alignment and prioritization) including effective portfolio management controls and reporting
- Experience in managing the change control process with evidence of strategic communications, end user involvement and training (e.g. managing changes and trade-offs between competing goals)
- Demonstrate a track record of successfully delivering large, complex projects (greater than $10M in value, greater than one (1) year in duration and at least ten (10) people reporting to the Senior Project Manager) preferably in a public sector environment.
- Demonstrated expertise on projects with the following characteristics:
- High complexity and/or sensitivity (usually large scope and evolving business environment necessitating scope adjustment).
- Multiple stakeholders (typically involving interaction with a cross discipline team represented by several interested parties) such as: government (e.g. a provincial government), broader public sector (e.g. a crown corporation, municipality or agency), the private sector
- Requiring regular interaction at the Executive level (e.g. Assistant Deputy Minister / Deputy Minister level including briefing Ministers, Treasury Board staff, Common Business Services, ASD Secretariat, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Office of the Comptroller General and representatives of other central agencies of government).
- Project budgets usually exceeding $10 million and occasionally in the hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Impacts may be to all of government, broader public sector, private sector and to large components of citizenry.
Note: Depending on your performance, contract term may be extended
For more information about TEEMA and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com