Did you know that October is Cyber Security Awareness Month?
Being a virtual company, TEEMA’s servers are always being monitored and updated to prevent any security breaches that can be harmful to our members, clients and job seekers. TEEMA takes security very seriously and is always on top of the latest security threats out there.
Lane, our in-house IT expert, manages all the technicality of TEEMA. He also provides any IT-related support to our members so they don’t have to waste their time driving down to their nearest Geek Squad and get back to what truly matters – finding quality candidates for their clients!
In honour of Cyber Security Awareness Month, here are a few crucial tips that Lane recommends to protect your computer from any harmful threats:
- Make sure your anti-virus/anti-malware software is up to date regularly.
- Run anti-virus/anti-malware scans regularly (you can schedule scans to start automatically on specific days/times).
- Always be wary and check what e-mails/files you open – only open files from trusted senders!
- If you get taken to a Google Login page, go to https://www.gmail.com and see if you are already logged in. If you are, refresh the “offending” page, and if it does not redirect you to a fully logged in site leave immediately.
- For additional security ensure that you have 2-Step Verification (a.k.a. 2-Factor Authentication) enabled via your Google My Account Page (Link).
Safe browsing, everyone!